Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:57:43 -0400
On Jun 27, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Frying is the holy-grail of 2600 emulation.  If you get this
> working it will be a huge event.  But what you really need to do is
> be able to load up a particular frying scenario for a game so you
> don't have to actually fiddle with the frying to get certain well
> known scenarios like double-shots in Space Invaders.
Well, that particular example is hardly "frying," is it?  It's
repeatable, when you hold down reset as you turn on the power.

I always thought frying was dependent on having RAM come up in an
unpredictable state, and that therefore it wasn't replicable, except
via lots and lots of power-switch-twiddling.

Am I mistaken?

Adam