RE: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available

Subject: RE: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:13:40 -0400
Fred wrote:
> Clearing random bits by ANDing with random values, to be exact.

Ah yes, I missed that.

But when you repeat this code multiple times, wouldn't then all registers
end cleared completely?

BTW: When does the code get executed? During VSYNC? I wonder, what
happens when you clear return address bits while the code is in a
subroutine (which is quite unlikly for VSYNC). Since then your are
effectively
clearing bits of the PC.

> I did try messing with the 6502 registers.  Randomizing the PC or SP often
> just crashed the system.  Scrambling A, X, Y, and flags by themselves
> sometimes did interesting things but weren't good at replicating known
> behaviors.  I didn't try this together with clearing random bits, nor did I
> mess with the timers.

Maybe you should just clear them too?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail kvnnen Sie eine SMS an alle