RE: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler

Subject: RE: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:47:08 -0400
>Works OK on Linux. One thing I noticed (that would affect DOS/Windows
>too) is that 2600basic.h tries to include itself (contains "include
>2600basic.h").  That caused DASM to freak out a bit...

Thanks, I was getting some strange warnings in DASM of which I didn't know
the cause, and this fixed it.  DASM still assembled sucessfully anyway so I
didn't try to find the problem.  Apparently DASM is tolerant of incorrect
code!

>I could see a "n00b" learning this, then gradually adding inline asm
>as he runs into the limitations of what 2600basic can do... Eventually
>he'll be weaned from BASIC and the training wheels will be off.

Hopefully, since one can also look at the generated asm and see how it
translated the BASIC, it will ease the transition.