Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler
From: Thomas Boutell <boutell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:08:54 -0400
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Slor wrote:

> If the language is expected to become more advanced as time goes, I would
> concur that a nice lex/yacc parser might be a good way to go.  flex and
> bison are readily available for everyone, and I could help get you started
> if you like.

That's a fine way to go. Another interesting option is the
Perl module Parse::RecDescent, which you can install from CPAN.
If I got time to play with this, I'd probably want to try something
like porting the code to Perl and using Parse::RecDescent to
implement a friendlier language pretty painlessly.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.