Re: [stella] 3E + interlace woes

Subject: Re: [stella] 3E + interlace woes
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:58:14 -0400
> At this point I've got code that seems to work, but I won't believe it
> until I can test it against more ROMs besides the notBD demo. Do any
> other 3E ROMs exist at all?

I think Andrew posted a couple more notBD binaries in the AtariAge
forums but that's about it. No-one besides him is currently using
this bankswitching format, and I'm not sure if Armin ever wrote
a test binary for himself when he designed the Kroko Cart.

> Hm. I tried this with z26 (current CVS), and can't tell the difference
> between running it with or without the "-!" option to turn on interlacing.
> It also looks the same in Stella to me... is it just my rotten eyes?

z26 supports interlacing only in those video modes that have every
other scanline blank to simulate a TV display (modes 3, 4 and 5).
In these modes we just display the first VCS frame in the odd lines
and the second frame in the even lines to simulate the higher
resolution with interlacing.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg