Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:48:40 -0400
--- Fred Quimby <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, to solve the re-use problem, I'd be more
> inclined to still allow a-z
> as they want, but require a dim to use anything
> else, and require that "dim"
> maps to a-z.  Also, instead of making special syntax
> for dim, just use
> something really close to DASM syntax for equates

That sounds great to me.  a-z act as a level of
abstraction around the actual RAM storage address and
then being able to map an alias to a-z makes the code
more readable.

I think most programmers would prefer to have a more
descriptive variable name than a-z anyway.  So even if
you aren't going to reuse, it would be useful to have
that extra abstraction level.

BTW, I think the Bally Astrocade TinyBASIC uses a-z.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail