Re: [stella] Stella conditional breakpoint support RFC

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella conditional breakpoint support RFC
From: "Eric Ball" <ericball@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:39:44 -0400
Hmm, simple ORs could be handled via multiple entries for the same PC.  But
obviously my idea doesn't handle more complex ops.

> My #1 biggest question though, was: should I even try to support
> conditions that aren't tied to a PC-based breakpoint or address-based
> trap? Your answer implies that I shouldn't ("check PC first..."), so I
> guess that counts as one vote against arbitrary conditions...?

Hmm, I'm trying to think of a non-watch case which wouldn't / couldn't be PC
based.  Maybe some SP stuff.  But the 6502 is so register constrained that I
can't image triggering a breakpoint without some constraints on PC.

Even if you were to allow arbitrary breakpoint conditions, I suspect that
90+% of the use would be for very constrained cases anyway.