Aw: [stella] Question about HMOVE at cycle 71

Subject: Aw: [stella] Question about HMOVE at cycle 71
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:01:31 -0400
Hi there!

> I looked at the trace log from Z26 to try to figure out what was going on.
> When I position my sprites and hit HMOVE they're positioned at 69 and 82
> respectively. When I hit HMOVE again (no positioning this time) they shift
> to 61 and 74. I do a HMCLR 2 scan lines after the HMOVE was done so why
> are the sprites changing positions?

Uhm... the second HMOVE was also on cycle 74?

Please notice that all HMPX values are shifted 8 pixels when doing HMOVE @74,
so when the HMCLR writes a zero "0" to the movement registers, it's actually
saying "shift 8 pixels to the left". To effectively "clear" the motion
registers for that trick, you'll have to individually load all affected HMXX
with $80...
(Either that, or *don't* HMOVE until it's really required again...)

Greetings,
Manuel

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - |ber 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1