[stella] demo16 , almost

Subject: [stella] demo16 , almost
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:09:03 -0400
I got it to assemble but Playbin says it's the wrong
size for the device even though it's exactly 4096
bytes.  I'm not sure what else I can do beause I
changed the start address from what Jim had to what is
standard for 4K carts and the end address is the same.
 I don't know what Playbin is complaining about.

When I run the legacy tools it errors out and
generates a 4K file full of zeroes.

This program does not have a Supercharger header on it
so I'm not sure it will run as is on a Cuttle Cart if
the CC thinks it isn't a Supercharger game.  Jim is
enabling ram writes manually after the game
initializes.  My Supercharger is buried somewhere so I
can't test it out right now with makewav.

I'm opening this up to the list to see if someone can
actually get this running.

I suspect that the BIN here is accurate and will run
on a real Supercharger, or on a Cuttle Cart if the
proper header is tacked onto the end.

Here is Jim's description of the program:

- The "DEMO16.ASM" program has a font display routine
that allows letters
to only take 6 bits of player graphics apiece.  This
gives us a lovely
16x16 display.  Scrolling works, sort of, but is
glitchy (use the game
select and game reset buttons to control scrolling.)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-zip which had a name of demo16_almost.zip]