RE: [stella] Maximum baud rate for sending?

Subject: RE: [stella] Maximum baud rate for sending?
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 03:29:39 -0400
The CPU clocks for NTSC/PAL are very close: 1.193182 MHz (NTSC), 1.182298
MHz (PAL)

The difference is so slight, I don't think it will matter.  Here's the
theoretical cycle breakdown:

baud		NTSC		PAL		Cycles program is using
115200		10.36		10.26		10/11
57600		20.71		20.53		21
38400		31.07		30.79		31
19200		62.14		61.58		62
9600		124.29		123.16		124
2400		497.16		492.62		~ 456/532
1200		994.32		985.25		~ 988

Someone with a PAL 2600 should try the existing binaries out to see if they
work - I expect they will.