Aw: Re: Re: [stella] Update: "do re bB" and webTune2600

Subject: Aw: Re: Re: [stella] Update: "do re bB" and webTune2600
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:41:07 -0400
Hi there!

> Also, with a "normally working 2600 driver", is there a standard way
> of indicating "rest"? I was using $FF to indicate "turn volume to
> nothing", but that wouldn't work with the 5.3 technique. Does it have
> a "magic value" that doesn' come up in real life that can be used as a
> flag?

Yup. Use SILENT for that. :-)

Really, the lowest value of the SQUARE range is supposed to be silent.
It isn't 100% silent though, that's why music.h is organized to start with the
SQUARE range, so

SILENT = 0

In it's simplest form a 5.3 driver using music.h looks like this:

    LDA note
    BEQ Silencium
    STA AUDF0
    LSR
    LSR
    LSR
    LSR
    LSR
    TAY
    LDA soundTypeArray,Y
    STA AUDC0
    LDA #VOLUME
Silencium
    STA AUDV0

soundTypeArray
    .byte 4,6,7,8,15,12,1,3

Greetings,
Manuel

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - |ber 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1