[stella] Stella Migration Update

Subject: [stella] Stella Migration Update
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:29:49 -0400
Greetings,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the progress being made to
give the Stella list a new home.  Adam Wozniak has setup Mailman to
run on one of our AtariAge servers and the list is now up and running
on that machine.  Adam has also imported most of the existing Stella
archive, including attachments.  However, we are hoping to get an
even more complete (and consistent) archive that we can put online soon.

Thanks to Andrew Davie, the list will be hosted on the
"atari2600.org" domain, and to post messages to the list you'll send
them to "stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx".  However, at this time I do not want
to invite people to subscribe until we have the full import completed
and have done additional testing.

One thing the new list needs is a description of what the Atari 2600
Stella Programming List is.  Presently, all I see is this,

"This list was designed as as support group for Starpath CD owners
and anyone else trying to write 2600 games or just to understand how
they work. Since 1996, Stellalist has established itself as THE
meeting place for the select few people around the globe who still
understand the 2600 to congregate, share techniques, and learn from
each other."

I think it might be time to update this and am open to suggestions.  :)

Thanks,

  ..Al

Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!