RE: Aw: Re: [stella] stella charter

Subject: RE: Aw: Re: [stella] stella charter
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:40:32 -0400
I should throw my own opinion in here.  When I first started thinking about
bB, I was unsure whether or not to create it because the games wouldn't look
as good as assembler games.  But I decided that there's no reason why such
games wouldn't be fun.

I think that bB can come close to a lot of assembly games in terms of
gameplay.  As an example, I think you could make a fun Gunfight clone.

What bB is limited in, mostly, is a game's appearance.  a Gunfight bB clone
wouldn't look anywhere near as good as Manuel's, and probably never could
without using a custom kernel.  But I think it could play nearly as well.

Before you saw "Outlaw" I should say that bB can do better in both
appearance and gameplay than this.