Re: [stella] Status of Stellalist

Subject: Re: [stella] Status of Stellalist
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:59:19 -0400
Hi there,

Please excuse me if this ends up showing up twice. I sent it yesterday and
it hadn't shown up on the list yet.

> Personally I'm done with the list as is. I'm just lurking here, maybe
> trying to help someone if I can, but that's it.

:-( But I guess I can understand since my post didn't show up yesterday.

> I see a small but active community of developers building at AA in their
> blogs section. It's a lot more fun working there than the ongoing [Stella]
> desaster.

That's too bad. I find it hard to follow development on AA. This probably
explains why I miss a lot of things.

Also, don't blame [stella] on people posting to AA instead of here. I
don't think the hiccups we have here are the true reason for this. It may
be for some but for others it may be easier for them to post to AA about
their work. Also it gives them a chance to show it to the masses versus a
small group of people on a mailing list.

The reason I say this is because I've been a subscriber to the MARIA list
and A8 mailing list since their creation. I haven't seen a message come
through on those lists in ages but there is still activity in the
community. I see members from these lists post to AA but they don't post
their messages to the mailing lists.

I was afraid something like this would happen. Don't get me wrong here, I
*love* AA and frequent quite often in a given day. It's just hard for me
to follow a discussion and/or development over there sometimes.

Please don't let the hiccups we may be experiencing stop you from posting
here. As Glenn pointed out he is saving all posts to his new Dig site. If
we stop then the list stops. That would be a sad thing :-(

Take care,
Dennis