ANNOUNCE : <XML>fr

Subject: ANNOUNCE : <XML>fr
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 11:02:36 +0100
Hi,

I am happy to announce the first release of <XML>fr (http://xmlfr.org),
the first XML portal for worldwide French readers.

- <XML>fr in 5 points :

  * Address : http://xmlfr.org
  * First XML portal in French.
  * Content built by a team of XML expert volunteers.
  * Content published under the Open Content License available for use
    by other sites and information channels while protecting the rights
    of its authors.
  * Uses the Open Directory Project (http://dmoz.org).

- Why XML ?

 I won't take the risk of offending you by explaining why XML is
 important !

- Why fr ?

 AltaVista knows about 471 340 English pages with the word XML and only
 7 650 French pages.

 It's to compensate a part of this gap that we are launching <XML>fr.

- What do we find on the site ?

  * Technical and business news available both online and through
    mailing lists.
    links : http://xmlfr.org/actualites/decid/
            http://xmlfr.org/actualites/tech/
  * Discussion lists/
    links : http://xmlfr.org/listes/xml-decid/
            http://xmlfr.org/listes/xml-tech/
  * Job postings and requests.
    links : http://xmlfr.org/emplois/demandes/
            http://xmlfr.org/emplois/offres/
  * Other french sites about XML
    link : http://xmlfr.org/liens/

- You are welcome to participate !

  * join our writers team if you are an XML expert (fluent in French).
    link : http://xmlfr.org/infos/redacteurs.
  * become a sponsor or advertise on our site.
    links : http://xmlfr.org/infos/sponsors
            http://xmlfr.org/infos/bandeaux
  * we are also looking for partners interested by developing (or having
    developed) a similar concept in other languages.
    links : http://xmlfr.org/infos/english

I hope you'll enjoy this site and eventually see it as a new motivation
to learn French !

Eric