Re: Template Select using a param

Subject: Re: Template Select using a param
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:01:15 GMT
>  I was wondering if you could explain what the
> statement does exactly - so I can try and work out where I'm going wrong.

well it wasn't a very exact statement because I wasn't clear from your
posting what exactly you want to do.

you wrote

/test/ROWSET/ROW/@<xsl:value-of select="$id"/>/<xsl:value-of select="."/>

but even ignoring the fact that this is generating a string not an
expression the result if $id was 'this' and the current node had value
'that' would be

test/ROWSET/ROW/@this/that

which would try to select a `that' child of a `this' attribute which
doesn't make sense,
so I assumed you wanted

test/ROWSET/ROW[@this]/that

which would be a `that' child of a ROW which had a `this' attribute
(with any value).

But I'm not at all sure if that is really what you do want, or why it
needs to be in a parameter.

Perhaps you should just say at a higher level what you want to do, and
then someone can suggest some xsl.

David