XSL content skip

Subject: XSL content skip
From: Steven Mielnicki <smielnic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:57:44 -0500 (EST)

  It seems that applying an XSL stylesheet to XML on IE5 has the

    dreadful consequence, that, should you not have a path match

    to an element, the browser silently skips over the content

    that you may have meant to display.  But what if the content

    is very important ?  It would seem that I could get into big

    trouble with my customer.   I have access to the DTD, but it

    is huge, so I did not write rules for each and every possible

    match occurrence, and there's no telling how they may re-arrange the

    document instances in the future (after me and my XSL have gone).

    Is there anyway of providing an alert of some kind when this

    happens, or a default rule to output plain HTML tags when this

    happens ?