Re: XT ignore DOCTYPE statement

Subject: Re: XT ignore DOCTYPE statement
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:25:29 -0500
At 01:13 PM 03/13/2000 -0500, John Robert Gardner wrote:
If I have a bogus DOCTYPE statement in my XML source generated in some
default output, how can I write my stylesheet so XT won't cough an error
when it goes to look for it [...]?

I don't see how it could be possible, unless maybe you can somehow force the application (Majix) to emit a standalone="yes" on the XML declaration -- something like that. Like entities, the DOCTYPE declaration (I'd think) is one of those things that are handled before the processor (XT in this case) ever lays eyes on them.

John E. Simpson          | My school colors were clear. We used    | to say, "I'm not naked, I'm in the
simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx      | band."  (Steven Wright)