Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

Subject: Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance
From: "Juergen Hermann" <jhe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:58:08 +0100
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 02:01:12 +1300, Dan Morrison wrote:

>I really appreciate nesting xsl:template items, aesthetically (IMO it's
>a Good Thing([TM]), technically (automatic scoping), and
>maintainence-wise (the template is actually in the part of the document
>you're looking for it in).

But it complicates things (the DTD, the processors, ...) and is easily done
using modes or more specific XPath matches in STANDARD xslt.

Using your example:

<xsl:template match="NAVBAR_ITEM/a" ...

or

<xsl:template match="a" mode="navbar" ...

>I learned in the usual manner (view source & copy)

Is that the usual manner? I learned by reading tutorials (thanks, Norman,
Michael, ...), inspecting examples (yes, it is PART of learning) and eventually
the standards.

And from this list. :)

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann (jhe@xxxxxxxxxxx)
WEB.DE AG, Amalienbadstr.41, D-76227 Karlsruhe