Re: RE: Off-topic: DOS script for XML directory listing

Subject: Re: RE: Off-topic: DOS script for XML directory listing
From: "James L Godwin" <jgod@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:30:24 -0500

>>> "Beckers, Marc" <Marc.Beckers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/29 9:51 AM >>>

> Could anyone give me a DOS script that can list the URLS of
> all the (XML)
> files in a directory and write them to an XML-formatted output
file?

Attached is a self-documenting Perl script that will do what you want
for
HTML files.
All you need to do is edit the DOS dir call (line 23) to read in
files with the XML suffix rather than HTM*.

You must have Perl installed, of course.

The output file is called mother.xml, contains the
mother root element with each path in a file element.
The path names are relative to the working directory.
You can get the absolute path by deleting line 42.

Hope this helps. I use it.

Cheers -- Marc