RE: colons

Subject: RE: colons
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:34:18 +0100
> is there a way to get the value of an attribute that has a
> colon in the name of the attribute :

A colon in the name separates the namespace prefix from the local name. The
namespace prefix must be declared, e.g. if you want to reference attribute
@my:value then some enclosing element in the stylesheet must have a
namespace declaration such as xmlns:my="my/favorite.uri", and this must
match the namespace URI used in the source document.

> i get no repsonse of i try :  <xsl:value-of
> select="@xml:lang">

The namespace prefix "xml" is special because it is always predeclared with
the URI "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";, so accessing @xml:lang
should never be an error.

Mike Kay