Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5

Subject: Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5
From: Dan Morrison <dman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 01:22:28 +1200
Kay Michael wrote:

> > ok...one more dumb question guys...when we say
> URIs used to identify namespaces are never "fetched", they are just strings.

This whole thread is interesting.

So although it LOOKS like a URI, it's all bogus.
That string might as well say "XSLT 1.0"

I chose to believe that there was some meta-language available at that
source which could tell what to do with the syntax handed it.
Thinking about that, it's obviously too much to ask, but I was comparing
it with, say, an online DTD, which does behave that way.

Does the group think this is actually the way things will move, or was
this 'URI as a syntax definition' just a quick hack?

.dan.