"Node-set" Nomenclature

Subject: "Node-set" Nomenclature
From: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:12:12 -0400 (EDT)
Two questions, one sartorial, one specific:

	1. "Node-set" is proper, "Nodeset" is not, yes?
	2. In the following:

		<colors>
			<primary>
				<red></red>
				<blue></blue>
				<yellow></yellow>
			</primary>
			<secondary>
				<green></green>
				<purple></purple>
				</orange></orange>
			</secondary>
		</colors>

	   Is the node-set of <colors> strictly the children (e.g.,
	   <primary>, <secondary>) -- or is it children and their
	   children, i.e., descendants, not just children?  I'm
	   wanting to know exactly what I'm referring to when I say
	   "the node-set of 'x'" . . .  implicitly means what
	   set of nodes?  To me, if <primary> and <secondary> are
	   the node-set of <colors>, shouldn't the children of
	   <primary> and <secondary> be as well?

Thank you for addressing this, I'm trying to get a very precise handle on
the prescribed and proscribed parameters of the nomenclature.

jr

John Robert Gardner, Ph.D.
XML Engineer
Emory University