RE: Re: Loading Remote XML.

Subject: RE: Re: Loading Remote XML.
From: paulo.gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 06:06:55 -0700
<resources>
A used a great document on how caches work on:
  http://www.netapp.com/products/netcache/cache_basics.html
(Yes, it is a commercial site.)

Another VERY interesting one, with implementation examples
for many languages/environments (including ASPs and PHP) at:
  http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

And THE web caching site (which also includes a version of
the previous article) at:
  http://www.web-caching.com/
</resources>

<method>
Tunning the time to expire of a document (using the HTTP
headers) can also allow you to establish a good compromise
between performance and evolutionary needs.

What do I mean by that? Well, doing something like:
 - No cache when you are developing the site with no users;
 - Some minutes to expire while evolution is still going
   on and you already have some users;
 - An hour or so with already many users but not so many
   fixes;
 - and so on until the time to expire matches the time to
   the publication of new versions of the content.
</method>

<remarks>
<remark>
  ASPHTTP even as an amazingly low price, huh?
</remark>
<remark>
  I wonder why M$ just didn't do it "right" in the first
  place, anyway.
</remark>
</remarks>

Have fun,