saxon params

Subject: saxon params
From: "Carole E. Mah" <carole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:53:16 -0400 (EDT)
The saxon doc says that the command for invoking saxon is as follows:

java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet [options] source-document stylesheet [ params...]

This works well, e.g.
java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet foo.xml foo.xsl foo=bar

However, when I tried to add a second parameter (and the use of the plural
"params" in the doc makes me think one ought to be able to do this),
saxon fails. By "fails" I mean that no matter which delimiter I try, the
second parameter is taken as being part of the first one's value, e.g.

java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet foo.xml foo.xsml foo=bar,blort=farble

makes it think that the value of the "foo" parameter is "bar,blort=farble"

This is because I do not know what the delimiter between parameters ought
to be. The delimeters I have tried are space, comma, and semi-colon. None
worked.

thanks,
-carole
  Carole E. Mah                Carole_Mah@xxxxxxxxx
              Senior Programmer/Analyst
    Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
                  phn 401-863-2669
                  fax 401-863-9313
              http://www.stg.brown.edu/
personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/staff/carole.html