Managing semi-trivial sets of stylesheets.

Subject: Managing semi-trivial sets of stylesheets.
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 01:58:20 -0700
I have the following ( I think, typical ) hierarchy of XSL stylesheets:

/ROOT/include/common.xsl
/ROOT/project1/a.xsl
/ROOT/project2/b.xsl

I am placing some general purpose transformations into common.xsl
and then I'm using:

<xsl:include href="/ROOT/include/common.xsl" />   in a.xsl and b.xsl

1. I don't like the absolute path because:

what if I have to place all the heap to /ROOT2/    - I'm  forced to
change a.xsl and b.xsl

OK, so I'll write it

<xsl:include href="../include/common.xsl" />   in a.xsl and b.xsl

2. I don't like the relative path because:

what if I have to move:

/ROOT/project1/a.xsl    to  /ROOT/project1/newbranch/a.xsl    -
I'm forced to change a.xsl

Is there some  'XML mainstream' solution to this small problem?

Many thanks.

Rgds.Paul.