Re: How to transform flat structure into hierarchical one?

Subject: Re: How to transform flat structure into hierarchical one?
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:22:09 -0400
Paolo,

We should probably take any further questions on this
over on the Oracle Technet XML Forum, where we'll be glad
to answer other questions.

| But you are talking about views. On the server layer?

In a nutshell, Oracle 8i's "Object View" technology allows
you to define rich, pre-defined structures (including
structures with nested collections) and then serve up the
data (including existing "flat" data in multiple tables)
in XML that matches that structure.

The demos that ship with the XSQL Servlet have a number
of useful object views that are created to show off this
capability.

You can run them online at:

 http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/demo/demo1.htm

See the "Adhoc Query Demo" or the "Insurance Claim" demo.