two DOMs, one stylesheet

Subject: two DOMs, one stylesheet
From: "Carole E. Mah" <carole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:19:08 -0400 (EDT)
Is it possible to process two files, foo.xml and bar.xml, using blort.xsl,
and have blort.xsl build and use a DOM for both foo.xml and bar.xml.

For example, document foo.xml is the main document to be processed, but
for the template for element HIPPO, we will output the HIPPO element
unchanged, except that we want to add an attribute to it. That attribute
should come from element ZEBRA inside the other document, bar.xml.

Does that make sense? How would one accomplish this?

thanks,
-carole
  Carole E. Mah                Carole_Mah@xxxxxxxxx
              Senior Programmer/Analyst
    Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
                  phn 401-863-2669
                  fax 401-863-9313
              http://www.stg.brown.edu/
personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/staff/carole.html