Re: Building a tab-delimited file in XSL

Subject: Re: Building a tab-delimited file in XSL
From: ed billings <edbi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:42:06 -0500
The first thing you need to do is be sure the output is "text".

2) To do a tab<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&#009;</xsl:text>

3) A line break is:<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&#010;</xsl:text>

The only other thing to remember is that, if at all possible. . . return
this text stream with a excel mime type . . . I believe it is:
application/vnd.ms-excel

This will tell the browser to use excel . . . I know that does not solve the
problem for other speadsheet programs . . . but it works for us over here.

unfortunately . . . csv . . . do not have a mime type assocaited with them

Ed