MSXML and resolving DTD's.

Subject: MSXML and resolving DTD's.
From: "roland@xxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:48:51 +0100
Hi,
I have another query re: some ASP scripting:

Set xmlObj = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xmlObj.async=False
xmlObj.Load("moreover1.xml")

If I try to do the above loading an XML file locally (this is a copy I've
saved from moreover.com), I get the following error:
"No data is available for the requested resource. errorcode : -2146697209".
That file has the following declaration in it:

   <!DOCTYPE moreovernews SYSTEM
"http://someremotemachine/xml/moreover_dtd/m.dtd";>

i.e. its trying to do a HTTP request to get hold of the DTD. Nothing out of
the ordinary here. However, MSXML gives me that above error.

Now, if I download that DTD to my local machine, and change moreover1.xml to
read

   <!DOCTYPE moreovernews SYSTEM "m.dtd" >

I have no problems at all. Any ideas why MSXML is behaving this way?  Or a
work around? If so, do please email me at roland@xxxxxxxxxx as well as to
the mailing list.

Thanks again,
Roland.