Recursive Template Application

Subject: Recursive Template Application
From: "Philip Koester" <kozmik@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:15:07 +0200
Hello, my Name is Philip Koester and I am new to this list (and to XSL). To
dive into the matter, I am trying to transform a structured document into
HTML. I ran into troubles with templates that I want to be applied
recursively. Some snippets:

<!-- Template T1: transform <toc> to <section> -->

<xsl:template match="toc">
 <section numbered="false" title="Contents"/>

<!-- Template T2: transform <section> to <h2> -->

<xsl:template match="section">
 <h2><xsl:value-of select="@title"/></h2>
</xsl:template>

This stylesheet works only half-way in that it correctly transforms "<toc/>"
to "<section .../>" but leaves it at that. The output of T1 is not matched
by T2. But how can I enforce this, so that "<toc/>" is finally transformed
to "<h2>..."? Should I run the XSL processor twice? Or is there a more
efficient way to accomplish this?

Regards,

    Philip