RE: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?

Subject: RE: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:08:13 +0200
It means that you cannot do this

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="p[list]" someattribute="">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

Because the someattribute attribute is not part of XSLT but it is in the
null namespace (the namespace with no prefix).

But you CAN do this

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:linda="http://www.twinnity.com";>

<xsl:template match="p[list]" linda:someattribute="">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

Because the someattribute attribute, while it's not an XSLT attribute, is
also not in the null namespace, but in the linda namespace. XT doesn't
reject this, nor does saxon I expect.

Linda