Re: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?

Subject: Re: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:04:15 -0400
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

> My goal is documentation on a higher level than <!-- comment --> and JavaDoc.  Can it be done as a valid XSLT-file?

Don't write off <!-- comment -->. You can put structured documentation inside
of comments and then use XSLT to extract it into a more meaningful context.
The following isn't tested. It's not elegant, but it should work.

Input:
<!--
  <h1>Documentation</h1>
-->

XSL:

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="//comment()" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="comment()">
  <xsl:if test="starts-with(., 'doc')">
    <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="." />
  </xsl:if>

Warren Hedley