Re: Outputting "entire nodes" 2

Subject: Re: Outputting "entire nodes" 2
From: Ragnar Schierholz <raschi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:14:20 -0500

Hi Hakan,

>> My XML-file looks like this:
>>
>> <HtmlTable><![CDATA[
>> ]]></HtmlTable>
>>
>> And I want the output to be:

Try something like this:

<xsl:template match="HtmlTable">
        <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes" />
</xsl:template>

I use it for a pretty similar purpose and it works. Within an XML element the user is supposed to be able to input HTML formatted text, so I want everything to be unchanged. The only downpart of it is, that the built-in XSLT-processor in IBM's Xeena doesn't properly convert the line breaks for a Windows system. Running a conversion from UNIX to DOS (like e.g. UltraEdit can do) everything is pretty and nice. In order to use the HTML output on a web server of course, this is not even necessary.

HTH,
        Ragnar