Re: East-Asian Output encoding with XSLT?

Subject: Re: East-Asian Output encoding with XSLT?
From: "Raffaele Sena" <raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:38:33 -0700

> Dear Listmembers,
>
> I am trying to use XSLT to publish resources for different East-Asian
> countries. I would like to produce local encodings in Big5 and GBK, possible
> also Shift JIS. I tried XT and SAXON so far, but they did not seem to act as
> desired upon the statement that defined the output encoding.
> Any ideas how to solve this? Are there XSLT processors that do have these
> output options? Is there a way to get this into the major players?
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Christian

    I found this reference on the Oasis site:

    http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/chineseXMLNow.html

    Unfortunately the main web site that is mentioned there (Chinese XML Now)
    doesn't work, but I hope there are other info that may be useful.

    If nothing else work, my best be would be to write the original
documents/XML data
    in Unicode and convert the output of the XSLT processor into the local
encoding
    (either by postprocessing the output files or by writing an output filter
for
    the XSLT processor you are using).

Hope this help,

    Raffaele