Re: xsl-fo: Setting Content of First Page [Going Nuts]

Subject: Re: xsl-fo: Setting Content of First Page [Going Nuts]
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:12:24 +0400
Christopher,

> So far, so good.  The layout of the first page is different from the layout
> of the rest of the pages.  Now, I want to set the content of the first page
> different from the content of the rest of the pages.  Is there an easy way
> to do this (any way to do this) that I'm missing?

If the contents of the first page is always separate from the rest, why making
it belong to the same flow? Just set up a separate page sequence, consisting of
an only page, for the cover sheet. Note that in this case, you can cite the name
of the page master directly in the fo:page-sequence:

<!-- Keep the page sequence master simple -->
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="PageLayout">
  <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-name="rest"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

<!-- Make a separate sequence for the cover sheet -->
<fo:page-sequence master-name="first">
  <!-- cover sheet code as appropriate -->
</fo:page-sequence>

<!-- Make a separate sequence for the cover sheet -->
<fo:page-sequence master-name="PageLayout">
  <!-- rest of the code as appropriate -->
</fo:page-sequence>

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX