RE: XSLT and Text Processing Languages

Subject: RE: XSLT and Text Processing Languages
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 09:27:17 +1000
At 17:31 7/09/2000, Pawson, David wrote:

Rick Geimer

> Here's my two cents worth,

cry of foul, Ricks OM comments are worth more :-)

> > Just an FYI, the soon to be released OmniMark 6 will support > well-formed > XML (i.e. it does away with the DTD requirement).

Which will no longer be free (for whatever use they describe it as now)?
 Is that right Rick?

That's still being clarified.

My understanding is that, in practical terms, we'll have:

Omnimark 5.5 (free) which supports SGML and
valid XML.

Omnimark 6 (free) which supports well-formed
XML only (no DTD support)

Omnimark 6 (not-free) which supports SGML, XML
and schemes (plus a whole pile of other stuff).

This should pretty much do everything
for everyone: just pick the version you
need for the job at hand.

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx