RE: Improving performance for huge files with XSLT

Subject: RE: Improving performance for huge files with XSLT
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:54:07 +0200

Depending on where the bottleneck is.  Most XSLT-processors require *lots* of memory, so first check if your computer is swapping.

If you have sufficient memory, then see if faster alternatives are available.  For Java based transformations "XP" ( is most likely the fastest but not 100% compliant.  I have yet to find a reasonable processor written in C, although Xalan-C might work well for you.

Could you perhaps provide more details?

  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen             "...and...Tubular Bells!"