RE: Baffled by xsl:sort - want to process nodes in reverse docume nt o rder.

Subject: RE: Baffled by xsl:sort - want to process nodes in reverse docume nt o rder.
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:29:34 +0100
Which XSLT processor? I think this should work according to the spec, and I
think it works in Saxon.

>               <xsl:sort select="position()" data-type="number"
> order="descending"/>

> Can anyone explain to me what is going on?

What the spec says (I'm working from memory) is that the select attribute is
evaluated with the node being sorted as the current node and the "unsorted
set" of nodes as the current node list, so (assuming that "unsorted" means
"in document order"), the sort key position() refers to the relative
position of the node in document order.

Mike Kay