XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated

Subject: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:58:20 -0400
I'm happy to announce that I've posted a completely updated version of Chapter 15 of the XML Bible, XSL Formatting Objects, at Cafe con Leche:

http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible/updates/15.html

This is the complete chapter, approximately 70 pages with many full examples
of XSL-FO. Everything should be up-to-date with the March 27, 2000 Last Call working draft of the XSL-FO specification and FOP 0.14.0. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only comprehensive tutorial covering the current version of XSL-FO.

Doubtless there are some errors since I was breaking new ground here and had to work from an incomplete and sometimes contradictory spec document, as well as using unfinished pre-alpha software. Since this is more-or-less what's going to go into the second edition of the XML Bible, as well as likely being the primary source for many new users learning XSL-FO, I'd very much appreciate it if you can inform me of any mistakes you spot so I can fix them.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Writer/Programmer |
|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |