JavaScript problems in my XSL file

Subject: JavaScript problems in my XSL file
From: "Ken Dickerson" <kdicke@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:02:59 -0400 (EST)
I have an XSL file that I use to display my XML data. The XSL file contains
some JavaScript. I have not been having troubles using JavaScript within the
XML file until I added a for loop. The for loop loops like: for (i=0; i<6;
i++)... When I try to load my pages, I get an error at the 6. I believe the
error is that XSL is trying to create a tag from the lessthan sign. How can
I get XSL to understand that this is code and not some tagging? I am using
the namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";. I have defined my
script block with LANGUAGE="JavaScript" inside the HEAD block which is
inside the <xsl:template match="/"> block.

I have gotten it to work when I replace the < sign with &lt; which is pretty
ugly!

TIA,
- Ken < ><
(email: Ken.Dickerson@xxxxxxxxxxx)