RE: [newbie]   in xslt-file

Subject: RE: [newbie]   in xslt-file
From: ken.dickerson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:41:39 -0600
Try using &00A0; instead. This is the ISO 8859-01 (Latin 1) and the unicode character for non-breaking space. It does work for what you want.

pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 11/03/2000 02:43:21 PM
Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP
Sent by:	owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:	xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP
Subject:	RE: [newbie]   in xslt-file

>> Apparently it is not predefined in XML.  But '&' is, so try using
>> ' ' instead of ' '.

>that's fine if you want to produce the six characters  & n b s p ;
>but I don't think that's what the original poster wanted.

That was exactly what the original poster wanted.  The " " goes to the
browser as those six characters, and the browser interprets it as some form
of whitespace.  But see also Michael Kay's response to the above, pointing
out that it doesn't solve the problem.  Who ya gonna believe, Kay or me?
There's no contest -- and it's not me.