Re: Merging XML documents containing formatting and data respectively..

Subject: Re: Merging XML documents containing formatting and data respectively..
From: Tom Mullen <Tom.Mullen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:26:55 +0000

Das,

Is the format of the second XML set in stone?  For example if the second XML was
of the format:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<INPUTDATA>
     <INPUTITEM name="FIRSTNAME" >
          xyz
     </INPUTITEM>
     <INPUTITEM name="LASTNAME" >
          abc
     </INPUTITEM>
</INPUTDATA>

Then you could set up a key on INPUTITEM/@name, load the second XML using the
document() function and search for values using the key function.

If you want more info on key() and document() I would suggest looking at
http://www.jenintennison.com

Tom Mullen

|--------+-------------------------->
|        |          Manoranjan Das  |
|        |          <manoranjan_das@|
|        |          yahoo.com>      |
|        |                          |
|        |          20/11/2000 13:34|
|        |          Please respond  |
|        |          to xsl-list     |
|        |                          |
|--------+-------------------------->
  |       To:     XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                    |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Tom Mullen/LON/GB/Reuters)                             |
  |       Subject:     Merging XML documents containing formatting and data    |
  |       respectively..                                                       |
  |       Header:      Internal Use Only                                       |

Hi All ..
     I have the following problem. I have two XML
files out of which one contains Formatting character
and one contains data as follows.

First XML : (Containing HTML formatting)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<HTML>
<BODY>
<form name = "applicationresponse">
                         <input name="firstname" size="6" type="text"
value=""/>
                         <input name="lastname" size="6" type="text"
value=""/>
</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Second XML : (Containing Data)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<INPUTDATA>
     <FIRSTNAME>
          xyz
     </FIRSTNAME>
     <LASTNAME>
          abc
     </LASTNAME>
</INPUTDATA>

With this 2 XMLs , I want to generate one HTML file
with the following output.

Output File :

<HTML>
<BODY>
<form name = "applicationresponse">
                         <input name="firstname" size="6" type="text"
value="xyz"/>
                         <input name="lastname" size="6" type="text"
value="abc"/>
</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>