Re: Using   in Stylesheets

Subject: Re: Using   in Stylesheets
From: David Delgranche <ddelgranche@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:41:05 +0100
Deirdre O'Brien a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to put tabs in my HTML output that is generated by a
> stylesheet.  The only way I know how to do this is to put
> &nbsp; in the text.  I have tried this using
>      <xsl:text>&nbsp;</xsl:text> or on its own or within a <xsl:value-of
> select="&nbsp;"/>
>
> However when I run the stylesheet through the xalan processor I get an
> error saying
>      "The entity 'nbsp' was referenced but not declared."
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this?
> Or is there another way I can get a tab to come out?
>
> Thanks
> Deirdre

	Hi Deirdre,

	Your problem is due to the fact that the processor isn't able to know
what &nbsp; is representing. You just have to put at the head of your
stylesheet the following line and that will be OK.
<!DOCTYPE html [
 <!ENTITY % characters SYSTEM "../../common/xhtml-lat1.ent">
 %characters;
]>

	Bye
		David.