Re: Does any XSL processor include original process instruction elem. in XSL output?

Subject: Re: Does any XSL processor include original process instruction elem. in XSL output?
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:01:47 -0800
Tien,

| However, XSL processor like Apache XSL processor strips out
| the original process instruction from the XSL output and cause
| vendor's device (eg Nokia blueprint wap simulator) failing to parse
| the page even the mimetype is set to right type (eg wml).
|
| For example, my beginning part of XSL stylesheet looks like the following:
|
| <?xml version="1.0"?>
| <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
| "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml";>

You need to use the <xsl:output> element to generate
the desired <!DOCTYPE in the result, rather than
including it in the stylesheet document.

Here's an example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" doctype-public="-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
                             media-type="text/vnd.wap.wml"
                          doctype-system="http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml";
                                encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <wml>
      <xsl:for-each select="ROWSET/ROW">
        <card>
        </card>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </wml>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/