Re: [xsl] NEWBIE: Instant Saxon and Unicode Entity problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] NEWBIE: Instant Saxon and Unicode Entity problem
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:49:44 -0700 (MST)
Graham Diehl wrote:
> Input:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <text>
> The Score can be used to control all of the following sprite characteristics
> EXCEPT&hellip;
> </text>

Your stylesheet looks fine.

In your XML you must declare what the 'hellip' entity is. This entity is
not predefined in XML. I am surprised you can even get it to parse without
having this entity defined.

Add

<!DOCTYPE text [ <!ENTITY hellip "&#x2026;"> ]>

to your XML.

When the XML parser in Instant Saxon reads the &hellip; it will report the
horizontal ellipsis character, not the string of 8 characters & # x 2 0 2
6 ;, nor the string of 8 characters & h e l l i p ;.

If you need the full set of SGML entities, get
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml-ISOents.txt
and reference it like

<!DOCTYPE text SYSTEM "xml-ISOents.txt">

or pull it into your real DTD if you already have one.

   - Mike