[xsl] Sorting using MSXML3 parser

Subject: [xsl] Sorting using MSXML3 parser
From: "Jack A. Zucker" <jaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:49:33 -0500
I'm using v8.0.7820.0 of msxml3.dll which doesn't support xsl:sort .

I can simulate some sorting commands using the "order-by" attribute of
xsl:for-each but the problem is that it interprets my data as string even
though my schema defines the fields to be of type dt:ui4. This cause 10 to
be less than 9. xsl:sort's "data-type=number" attribute value would take
care of the problem but alas, microsoft saw fit to not include xsl:sort in
their parser even though they document it in their help file. I suppose they
are internally developing  a proprietary .MSXSL++jexpresso parser or
something.

In any event, can anyone suggest a simple way to accomplish a numeric
ordering using the MS parser ?

-Jaz

Email: jaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazz Guitar Site: http://www.jackzucker.com