Re: [xsl] Alignment of tables/Position of xsl-region-body

Subject: Re: [xsl] Alignment of tables/Position of xsl-region-body
From: Arved Sandstrom <Arved_37@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:54:01 -0400
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Tobi Kamke wrote:

<quote>
2. I have defined the extent of the region-before area as 6cm. When I know
put some text out to the xsl-region-body-area, the text appears on the very
top of the page (that is at the left and top margin of the page). What's
wrong? I thought, that the xsl-region-body area starts 6cm below the top
margin of the page and the space between the page margin and this 6cm is
the xsl-before area where I can put e.g. some static content? Can someone
help me?
</quote>

Hi, Tobi

With respect to your second question...margins on the page itself (that you
set on fo:simple-page-master) give you the content rectangle that all of the
regions go into. It sounds like you have these set at zero.

Furthermore, for any extent that you specify, say 6 cm on region-before, you
must make allowance for this by setting the corresponding margin on
region-body to be at least this much. See the second note in Section 6.4.13
(fo:region-body) of the XSL spec.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type