RE: [xsl] Dynamic creation of frames & the data within

Subject: RE: [xsl] Dynamic creation of frames & the data within
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 20:39:37 -0000
Linda,
As a beginner I can see you had problems with these 2 explanations.
Here is a frame html that will simply populate one frame.
Save the following to demo.html and put your xmlfile.xml and xslfile.xsl
files in the same place.
DEMO.HTML-----------------------------------

<head>
<title>Example</title>
<script language="javascript">
function populateFrames(){
//debugger;
	var x = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
	var s = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
	x.async = false
	s.async = false
	x.load("xmlfile.xml");
	s.load("xslfile.xsl");
	var html = x.transformNode(s);
	var destination = document.frames("main").document.open("text/html",
"replace");
	destination.write(html);
}
</script>
</head>

<frameset onload="populateFrames()" rows="64,*">
  <frame name="header" scrolling="no" noresize target="main">
  <frame name="main">
</frameset>

FINISH----------------------------------------

This doesn't need any html src files in the frame because it opens the
"main" frame document and writes the result of the transformation directly
into it.
var destination = document.frames("main").document.open("text/html",
"replace");
destination.write(html);
If you have an html files loaded in the "main" frame then you could do this
instead
var destination = document.frames("main").document.body.innerHTML = html;
It all depends on wether the result of your transform is a complete html
page or just a fragment of html.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml