RE: [xsl] utf-16 encoding

Subject: RE: [xsl] utf-16 encoding
From: "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:44:14 +0100

MSXML's DOM (ab)uses a Processing Instruction node holding the XML
declaration to remember which encoding to use when serializing the DOM using
the "save" method (you can even use that to modify the initial value read
during "read").

However, serializing to a string using the "xml" method *always* give you an
UTF-16 encoded string, as it is a 16 bit DCOM BSTR. Vice versa, "loadXML"
*only* takes a UTF-16 encoded string, and will generate an error when an XML
declaration with encoding != UTF-16 is present.

Julian